Sorry. 😐 You might not like this but I have to say it: using travel as an excuse to eat a ton of junk is a COP OUT!
Sure, enjoy yourself over the holidays/travel but do it *consciously* and own it. Just don’t tell yourself the fib that you had no choice.
Eating healthy (and w/ dietary restrictions) while traveling IS doable and it can even be fun! You just need to know the tricks👌
📌Here’s a few helpful ones for next time you’re on the road (save this post to refer back to):
1. DRINK DRINK DRINK.
No, this isn’t a Pitbull song 😂 I’m talking about WATER. Hydration is your friend, especially when flying (dehydrating) and helping cope with jet lag.
- Talk to your natural healthcare provider about adding minerals or electrolytes to your water to maximize hydration. Or seek out a green juice when you land.
Snacks. Don’t underestimate preparedness! There’s nothing worse than getting HANGRY and throwing-off your blood sugar for the whole day.
- Stash snacks in your purse, suitcase, glove box, anywhere you can. Packaged real-food snacks are great and but nature also neatly packages food. 🍎🥕🥑🍌 all travel well in a bag. Peak into my purse on a given day and there’s usually an avo there (with a reusable bamboo cutlery for serving).
3. GET YO’ REST.
Quality sleep can be hard to come by during travel which has knock-on effects to our hormones that can bugger our hunger signals, which may lead to cravings and bingeing.
- Set yourself up for success by bringing comforts from home. Pack your fav pillowcase, blue-light blocking glasses, a sleep mask or calming essential oils. Prioritize a winddown routine to help your brain switch off. 📲😴
👉 I’ve shared SO many more tips in my ULTIMATE GUIDE TO HEALTHY EATING WHILE TRAVELING on the blog, including:
- how I pack fresh food for long-haul flights
- staying GF & DF on the road
- healthy eating in hotels/no kitchen
- HEAPS more!
Have a squiz for yourself, link in bio to read the guide now —> (@solefirewellness