Entertaining your toddler, sounds easy right? But are you enjoying it too or have you grown tired of the same old?
Developmental activities are a fun and easy way to help stimulate your baby’s overall development, and well-being.
We have put together some activities you can try with your baby to stimulate their senses and jump-start their intellectual as well as physical learning.
Feel free to share your baby’s favourite playtime activities in the comment section below!
1. Tummy time – helps to develop your baby’s neck and upper body muscles.
2. Fun with faces – allow your baby to feel your face, or his/her stuffed animals’ faces and name the part of the face he/her touches.
3. Boxes – wrap up different size boxes with newspaper or wrapping paper and allow your baby to rip them open!
4. Laughing – develops a sense of humour, which is an important part of communication and interaction later in life.
5. Textures – try to lay out different textures on the floor for your baby to interact with, or walk around with your baby and help him/her feel different textures.
6. Water play – babies love water, and if you include a few toys it will keep them busy for hours!
7. Pointing – carry your baby around and point to different things while saying the names of the objects.
8. Catch – playing gentle games of catch will develop your baby’s hand-eye coordination.
9. Cupboards – leaving one cupboard open to play with is a great way to allow some controlled exploration!
10. Reading – hearing and seeing colourful pictures will stimulate your baby’s brain, and it is a great way to switch off before bedtime.
#IpicPlay #kids #fun #activity #games #play #activity #family #bonding #familybonding
#stayhome #homeactivities #funtimes #kidsplay #tummy #tummytime #face #sensory #boxes #wrapping #sensoryplay #sensorydevelopment #laugh #laughing #texture #touch #water #splash #point