recipe is the best! It’s a refreshing chilled summer soup, perfect for your garden #tomatoes
. Be sure to make it in advance so the #soup
can chill for at least 2 hours.
What you need:
- 5 large fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced (make sure you have the ripe and sweet ones in summer)
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1/4 cup diced shallots
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano or fresh if you have
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil
How we do it:
Toss the diced tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, green onion, jalapeno, shallots and garlic in a large bowl. Stir in salt, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
Place cherry tomatoes, olive oil, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce in a blender. Cover and puree until smooth. Pour pureed mixture through a strainer into the tomato-cucumber mixture, stir to combine.
Place 1/3 of the tomato mixture into the blender. Cover, turn blender on, and puree until smooth. Return pureed mixture to the remaining tomato-cucumber mixture. Stir to combine. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.
Season cold soup with salt and black pepper to taste. (Goes also great on your grill party, when you serve bbq prawn skewers, serve the cold soup in a small glass and add the grilled prawn on the rim of the Glas🍤👌🏼)
Enjoy this cold shot of summer goodness
#gazpacho #coldsoup #summerdish #flavour #foodporn #foodie
#foodlovers #homecooking #recipes #tomatoes #cucumber #basil #instafood #instafoodie #flavourexplosion #chef_with_beard