🐍On Friday I was out with some friends, old and new, and I was asked a lot about what I do on powerful astrological days. All I could really say was “It varies, I guess we’ll see what happens”
Ritual used to intimidate me because I thought I needed to be told exactly how to do it. I didn’t trust myself. I wanted a guide. There are many rituals that require very specific actions, tools, words - and they are v powerful, BUT they are not the only way to create sacred space. Ritual exists everywhere. It can exist in the way you shower, stir your morning coffee, or ride the subway. That’s the beauty of our existence; we are innately spiritual, and bringing intention and purpose into our actions is always accessible to us.
I have been notoriously private about my personal practices. Some things need to be kept between spirit and I, but after the many questions I received last night I felt called to share a bit about how I honoured the current astrological portal, myself and the energy that surrounded me.
1) Sprayed yoga mat with rose water
2) Asked what items I needed from my spiritual room and altar
• rose quartz
• an octopus tarot strength card that someone I love very much made for me
• an old clock that was my grandmother’s
• incense that I made using local plantlife in the Fall at a witches gathering
• a white candle, a red church candle
3) prepared an oatstraw+lavender infusion, stirring in honey counterclockwise in intervals of 5
4) sat in meditation, observing what was asking for my attention, both within and without. I took time with each item, remembering its story, it’s energy, and opening my heart to expose the gratitude for the time and energy spent for it to be with me today. I merged with Rose Quartz and sent my appreciation to everyone in my life, 1 by 1 thinking of them - both human and disincarnate. I allowed tears to flow out of me, and I spoke my feelings aloud. Hearing my own voice, being heard by the energy and spirits surrounding me.
5) Serpent moon tincture
6) read @mysticmamma
7) @tobemagnetic subconscious reprogramming
8) Restructuring tincture
9) ate dessert (do this after every ritual)