Facts about Faroe island, by Belfast telegraph:
1. Irish hermit monks, are now thought to be the earliest settlers of the Faroe Islands. They arrived in the sixth century, bringing with them sheep as well as early Irish language. The Vikings landed by 900AD.
2. The Faroe Islands, formed by volcanic activity 30 million years ago, are now a cultural melting pot with 77 nationalities among its population of only 48,000.
3. The Faroe Islands are one of very few countries in Europe to have no McDonalds outlets. You can, however, find a Burger King, in Torshavn if you're in need of a fast food fix.
4. The country's football team won their first competitive match against Austria in September 1990, which prompted a massive Faroese party.
5. There are three traffic lights on the Faroe Islands. All are in the capital Torshavn and are very close to each other.
Visit the tagged profile for more and tag your posts to be featured.
#igtones #visualgrams #fatalframes #artofvisuals #cityphotography #citykillerz #streetmobs #streetclassics #visualambassadors #worlddestinationsig
#faroe #island #faroeisland